After Hours Care
We hope that these guidelines can help you better understand where to seek care for your child.
- If you think your child has a life-threatening condition, always call 9-1-1.
- For your convenience, Bubbles Pediatrics, LLC always has a PEDIATRICIAN ON-CALL after hours for emergency concerns through our answering service. We will help you determine the best setting in which to be evaluated for urgent situations.
- Call Poison Control at 1-800-222-1222 if your child:
- ate or drank something he/she shouldn't
- ate or drank a known poison
- Call our main number at 847-882-4300 and select option 2 if you see any of the following:
- Abnormal bleeding that won't stop
- Unusually high fever, or any temperature over 100.4 in an infant less than 8 weeks of age.
- Persistent vomiting or persistent diarrhea
- Violent Coughing
- Odd Rashes
- Lethargic Children (child is so tired or weak, it is difficult to wake them)
- Asthma Attack
- Burns (burn is size of child's palm)
- Cuts (gaping cuts - especially on the face and in younger children, or the bleeding won't stop)
- Severe Chest Pain
- Fever in an infant under 8 weeks of age
- Head Injury (your child hits their head and appears to pass out or lose consciousness for a few seconds or longer)
- Swallowed a sharp object
- Vomiting or Coughing blood
- Vision Loss
- Shortness of breath (your child has heavy, fast breathing, is gasping for air, or manages to utter only two or three words before taking a breath)
- Insect bite associated with difficulty breathing or throat swelling
***Please Note: There is no charge for calls regarding true emergencies such as the above.
The emergency line is not for minor illnesses or routine calls.
- If your child has a minor illness or if you are looking to schedule an appointment, please wait to call during our regular business hours or make a request for an appointment online through our website. Our staff will return your call in the morning. This ensures that the phone line is kept open for our emergency patients.
***If a message is left on the answering service line for a non-emergency call, there will be a charge of $50 to speak with the on call provider.
Please call our office during regular hours for evaluation and treatment of the following conditions. These conditions typically do not require emergency room care.
- COVID-19 testing
- Colds, cough or sore throat
- Ear Pain
- Most fevers
- Minor Insect Bites
- Nausea, Vomiting or diarrhea in children with normal urination
- Pink Eye
- Stomach Pain
- Urinary Tract Infections